July 1, 2016
From an article in Realtor Magazine – DAILY REAL ESTATE NEWS
Here are more highlights from the Census’ Characteristics of New Housing report:
Of the 648,000 single-family homes completed in 2015:
- 600,000 had air-conditioning.
- 66,000 had two bedrooms or less while 282,000 had four bedrooms or more.
- 25,000 had one and one-half bathrooms or less and 246,000 homes had three or more bathrooms.
- 122,000 had fiber cement as the principal exterior wall material.
183,000 had a patio and a porch and 14,000 had a patio and a deck.
- 137,000 had an open foyer.
Of the 501,000 single-family homes sold in 2015:
- 453,000 were detached homes, 49,000 were attached homes.
- 327,000 had a 2-car garage and 131,000 had a garage for 3 cars or more.
- 200,000 had one story, 278,000 had two stories, and 24,000 had three stories or more.
- 348,000 were paid for using conventional financing and 42,000 were VA-guaranteed.