June 10, 2016
From an article in REALTOR Magazine – 5 Problems Uncovered in Home Inspections:
Here are some of the most common problems inspectors say they uncover:
- Defective plumbing: Leaky faucets or problems with the efficiency of pipes can greatly affect the cost of a home’s utilities.
- Water damage: This can be caused by any number of issues, such as erosion of external grading material that has caused a slow leak into a basement. Water leaks also can lead to damage in a foundation or mold growth.
- Faulty roofing materials: Variable temperatures can cause cracks in some roofing materials, while other materials may be prone to rots or leaks.
- Cracked foundation: Foundation problems can surface from any number of issues, such as water damage, termites, rotting, or structural inadequacy.
- Over-worked electricity system: This also can represent a big safety issue. Inspectors say when they find an overcrowded wiring system it’s typically due to previous owners making adjustments to the electrical wiring.