Excerpts from an article by Angela Colley in REALTOR.com:
7 THINGS THAT WILL FILL YOU WITH BUYER’S REMORSE
- Don’t go big, just go home: What rooms will you actually use? Big means appropriate furniture, higher utility bills and a lot of space to clean.
- Don’t get boxed in: Does the house style allow for future expansion?
- Don’t let your stairs become an uphill battle: Think of how you’ll use the space. Where’s the laundry?
- Get off the island …maybe. Kitchen islands can be a mistake if you don’t take your “work triangle” into account.
- Pay attention to what’s missing: There’s a trend to eliminate the bathtub in favor of just a shower. Will you want a nice long soak at days end?
- Pools may not be so cool…if you can’t afford the maintenance expense.
Don’t fall for fads … Today’s popular ice white appliances and Edison bulb light are yesterday’s saloon doors and brass hardware.