November 20, 2015
6 REASONS WHY A HOUSING CRASH ISN’T LIKELY
From an article in REALTOR Magazine Daily Real Estate News
The U.S. is nearing the 10-year anniversary of the 2006-2007 housing bubble. Should Americans be worried that history could repeat itself?
Housing experts say there are many reasons why Americans shouldn’t be concerned about a housing crisis repeat anytime soon, including:
- Fixed-rate loans have become more common.
- Old distress is being flushed out through bank repossessions.
- Foreclosures have fallen dramatically.
- First-time buyer programs are bringing new buyers into the market.
- The economy is strengthening.
- New-home construction remains dismal.