VACATION RENTAL BUYER TRENDS
From an article by Heather Bayer in Inman News
- The vacation rental market is in a period of massive growth
- In addition to HomeAway, VRBO and Airbnb, Expedia and Booking.com are listing vacation homes alongside hotels.
- A HomeAway survey shows that 8 in 10 buyers were influenced by potential rental income in their decision to buy.
- 14% of the survey respondents were pre-retirement buyers with an average age of 47.
- 89% planned to rent in the next 12 months.
- 86% planned to rent short term.
- Once having purchased, 52% were somewhat likely or likely to buy another home in the next two years.