From the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council of the National Association of Realtors:
BUYING A HOME – WHAT YOUR BUYER’S AGENT DOES FOR YOU
Your Buyer’s Agent guides you through five major fields to help you reach “home”. We’ll cover three of these fields in this post, and the final two next week.
Help Arrange Financing
- Assist in locating sources of mortgage loans
- Help you examine how much you can afford and how much you may want to spend.
- Assist in comparing different financing options.
- Provide information on purchasing incentives that may be available.
- Educate and discuss the differences between being prequalified and preapproved for a mortgage.
Assist in Finding the Right Property
- Identify your needs and wants in a property.
- Find appropriate available properties.
- Set up an automated e-mail alert system that immediately notifies you of properties that fit your requirements.
- Sort through inaccurate information about homes in the area.
- Provide ready access to all MLS-listed properties.
- Network with other agents for properties not yet in the MLS.
- Preview properties prior to showing.
- Help select for viewing only those homes that fit your needs.
- Aid in narrowing your search until you have identified your top choices.
- Assist in analyzing the pros and cons of each property.
- Disclose all known latent material defects.
- Assist you in evaluating properties for suitability, affordability and resale value.
Educate You on Market Conditions
- Educate you on whether it is a buyers’ market or a sellers’ market.
- Show statistics on what percent of list price the sellers are currently receiving.
- Show trends, current average days on market, current absorption rate, and/or current months of inventory.