November 28, 2014
FROM HOUZZ: 10 TRICKS TO HELP YOUR BATHROOM SELL YOUR HOUSE
- Clear off the counters to create a blank canvas. Remove all everyday toiletries and bathroom supplies including in the shower. (Better keep your stuff in a tote that you can stash when there’s a showing)
- Get rid of cleaning products including bath mat and spare toilet rolls. (Another tote!)
- Maximize storage. Make sure your cabinets & drawers are only ½ to 2/3 full and well organized. (Purge and discard now – there will be less to do when you move)
- Make minor upgrades. Repaint walls, replace taps and light fixtures, update hardware and towel bars.
- Clean everything to within an inch of its life.
- Hang luxurious towels. (Yes, keep the ones you use in another tote).
- Stick with neutrals. If you want color, use colorful towels.
- Beautify with accessories. Now that you’ve put away all personal products, bring in a few accessories to create a spa-like experience. Display them in a simple grouping.
- Use flowers for impact
- Add a stool or an ottoman for a visual impact.