September 5, 2014
REAL ESTATE BITS AND PIECES:
- From Banker and Tradesman: Bay State foreclosure petitions continued to rise in July, up 72.5% from July 2013, the fifth consecutive month of increase. 2013 was unusual in that foreclosure procedures and legislation underwent revision that is now mostly settled.
- The average American moves every 5 years.
- Did you know that the suburbs of Boston – Weston, Wayland, Sudbury, Lincoln – are seeing an influx of Chinese purchasers?
- NAR released the following PHSI (Pending Home Sale Index – A leading indicator for the housing sector based on pending sales of existing homes) for these sections of the US:
- Northeast – 8.3% above a year ago
- Midwest – 6.4% below a year ago
- South – 1.0% below a year ago
- West – 6.0% below a year ago
- Zillow’s CEO says that 70% of home search on their site is from mobile devices while only 30% is done on P.C’s.