August 8, 2014
DRESSED TO SELL: From an article in Realtor Magazine by Melissa Dittmann Tracey on the latest trends in staging
- Outdoor retreats – Buyers are paying more attention to exteriors. Stagers focus on three unique outdoor spaces: a dining area; a cozy seating area; a peaceful retreat.
- Lifestyle appeal – A wine room in wine country or a home office for tele-commuting in a commuter town.
- All that shimmers – Adding metallic finishes like silver.
- Painted cabinets – Brighten that kitchen or bath on a budget. Swap knobs for trendier chrome pulls.
- Pops of color – right now, purples and blues are hot.
- Mood lighting – Add texture with a rustic or glass ceramic lamp or add glamour with a modern chandelier.
- Going green – Repurpose an old storage trunk as a coffee table or display a vase with twigs from the yard.
- Mismatches – Place non-matching chairs around the dining table.