RIS Media compiled a list of the top 10 kitchen remodeling trends, 7 from the Houzz survey and 3 from the National Kitchen and Bath Association survey. Cape Cod specific annotations added by Lynette Helms, CEO of Real Estate Associates:
- Chef’s stoves – Especially in homes here on Cape Cod with owners that like to entertain!
- Eco-friendly features – appliances and materials – Becoming more and more popular on Cape Cod.
- Granite (50%) and quartz (36%) compared with marble (10%) and tile (2%)
- Tile backsplashes – “jewelry in the kitchen” – On the Cape, these often have nautical tones or motifs.
- Hardwood floors
- Stainless steel appliances
- Islands – Great informal gathering spots for breakfast or an early dinner.
- Transitional style (blend of traditional and contemporary)
- White cabinetry
- Gray color scheme
Here are a few more statistics from the Houzz survey:
- Only 33% of renovations increase the square footage
- 75% open the kitchen to other rooms
- 60% add islands
- Younger homeowners go contemporary
The take-away is that people want easy, clean, unfussy kitchens with serious cooking power, whether or not they’re going big-time or doing it themselves.
If you want more to satisfy your kitchen fix, check out our list of dream kitchens on Cape Cod.