An article by Rebecca Chandler in RIS Media gives, “Five Tips to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale”
- Curb Appeal. Make them want to go in. Make sure the exterior is well-kept and clean.
A pot or two of colorful flowers on the front stoop adds pizazz! – Lynette
2. Clean, de-clutter and simplify. Remove large furniture to make the rooms look larger. Clear out stuffed closets and cabinets.
You’re moving anyhow, start the process now and discard or box unessential items.
3. Update. Fresh paint, replace outdated appliances and fixtures in the kitchen and baths.
4. Hire a Home Inspector. Know ahead of time what issues exist and make essential repairs.
Your buyer will have a home inspector, and resolving issues may avoid re-negotiation.
5. Interview Real Estate Agents. Ask about their marketing plan.