February 22, 2013
Bits and Pieces
- From Realtor.com – Listing inventory in 2012 fell to an 11 year low with all but 3 of 146 metros posting declines. In January 2013 there were 1.48 million homes for sale, down 16.5% from January 2012.
- From CNN Money – Who pays for damage if your house gets hit by a meteor? Homeowner’s insurance covers falling objects.
- From RIS Media – Little things you can do to increase your home’s efficiency:
- Lower the thermostat. A programmable thermostat lowered 7-9 degrees while the family is sleeping or not home can save up to 2% for every lowered degree.
- Use cold water when doing laundry and purchase an energy efficient washing machine.
- Close fireplace dampers.
- Open drapes and blinds on south facing windows on sunny days.
- Wrap exposed pipes with proper insulation.