August 10, 2012
- According to the National Association of Realtors, Deutsche Bans says there have been 7 false housing market recoveries in the last 6 years, but analysts and economists are more optimistic that the current recovery will stick.
- A Real Estate Buyer Agent Council survey shows that the top 3 obstacles preventing home buyers from completing a home purchase were:
- Economic insecurity
- Difficulties in obtaining financing
- Problems selling current home
- From an Inman News article by Tara Nicholle Nelson: 5 questions to ask your agent during the buying process:
- Do you know a good mortgage broker, inspector, painter, electrician …?
- What should I expect? (Related questions: What happens next? What’s the margin of error in the cost analysis?)
- What are different ways to look at this? (Related questions: What are the pros and cons? What can I ask for?)
- How do you buy a house? (Customized to your local area and tailored to your financial and lifestyle needs)
- What have I forgotten to ask? (What do you see that I don’t?)