July 27, 2012
- From the National Association of Realtors: What Do Homebuyers Want?
- 1. Modest floor plans
- 2. Organization and comfort: walk-in closet in master, separate tub and shower in master bath, linen closet, great room, laundry room
- 3. Smaller price tags
- 4. Improved energy efficiency: low e windows, programmable thermostats, energy efficient appliances and lighting, insulated front door.
- From Diana Olick of CNBC, “Bottom line, until this housing market is no longer dependent on distressed supply to support overall home sales, calling a bottom to the national housing market is premature.”
- According to Lender Processing Servicers in an Inman News article, the number of U.S. homes in the foreclosure pipeline remained near an all-time high in May with judicial foreclosure states posting inventory levels more than twice those in non-judicial foreclosure states.
- The Barnstable County Registry of Deeds reports that June 2012 marked the sixth straight month of sales volume increase compared with the same period in 2011. The number of property sales in June were 30% higher than June 2011 and the median sales price was $310,000, the highest since December 2010.