November 11, 2011
- Marilyn’s Tech Tip: Internet Explorer 8 – With multiple windows open, no need to close them out individually. Just right click the blue and gold Explorer “e” on the taskbar at the bottom of the desktop and just one regular click on “close all windows” will do the job.
- From CNN Money: Home prices heading for a triple dip according to Fiserv, a financial analytics company. In a survey of nearly 400 markets, they project Cape Cod down 4.2% in the second quarter of 2012 compared with the second quarter of 2011. The worst 1 year price change in the years 19880 – 2011 was the fourth quarter of 2005 with a 12.2% drop. The second quarter of 2011 was down 2.4% compared with the second quarter of 2010.
- Senators Bennett (D) and Isakson (R) are introducing The S.A.V.E Act or “Sensible Accounting to Value Energy where they want the cost of utilities to be calculated into the debt to income ration. What does this mean? It will lower the qualified potential for every borrower in the U.S.
- RISMedia published a report on the nation’s 5 best and 5 worst housing markets based on median price. For the period between February 2009 and August 2011, the U.S. median value dropped 9.9%.
The 5 best markets were:
- Weston FL (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) up 15.1%
- Arlington, MA (Boston) up 14.8%
- Brookline, MA (Boston) up 13.6%
- Burke, VA (Washington, D.C.) up 13.5%
- Vienna, VA (Washington, D.C.) up 12.8%
The 5 worst markets were:
- Homestead, FL (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) down 48.8%
- Pontiac, MI (Detroit), down 47.4%
- Trenton, N.J. (Trenton) down 46%
- Lehigh Acres, FL (Ft Myers) down 42.2%
- Almonte Springs, FL (Orlando) down 41.3%