- From CNBC, investor share of home buyers fell to 19.6% in July according to one survey, and to 18% according to the National Association of Realtors. Investors will rent out 48% of property acquired in July 2011 while 28% of property acquired in July 2010 was rented.
- After several quarters of improvement, the number of homeowners who were late on their mortgage payments increased in the second quarter of 2011.
- RISMedia reports that the Fox Business Network has launched a new program, “Where to Invest Now” hosted by Greg Rand, a housing market analyst who makes picks of the best real estate markets for investors.
- NAR’s 2010 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers indicates that nearly 50% of buyers used open houses as a key part of their home search.
- Mark Fleming, chief economist for CoreLogic notes that, “The slowdown in economic growth and increased uncertainty caused by the recent stock market volatility will continue to exert downward pressure on (home) prices.”